Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Shine Sparkle &&& Glow, Shake Rattle && Roll

"Aqua Seltzer"
SSGSRR at the Glenwood Springs Center for the Arts is where some of my art will be from Jan. 18, 2003 - Feb. 25, 2003. Here are DETAILS . I have been accepted as one of the exhibiting artists to display approximately 15 works.

This is my first "real" exhibition! Feel like a young student again, about ready to present a big architectural studio project or thesis design. Anxious, nervous, excited. Different this time though, this is not an assignment or hoop to jump through. This is pure me, no client, no defined project, no place to hide. This is much more personal. My work will either find kindred souls, or it won't. I feel as if I have been moving toward this event for a long time now. Working at different things in my life, but always a creative just under the surface. Well now it is time to stand up and say "Here it is".

It was surprisingly hard selecting works for this show, 15 works seemed like a lot, until I tried to whittle down my body of work to what seems appropriate for this event. In the end I still have 27 "potentials" to take to the event space and decide on the spot. I will be showing traditional and digital media work. Also a bit frustrated because a brand new series I really want to show is not quite ready. Should be ready though for my second show (if all goes well), at the Bluebird Cafe.

The two works on the post will be displayed. "Aqua Seltzer" is the completed work I highlighted on day one of it's creation in the blog post "Negative Fish Begins". "W.C.W. (William Carlos Williams)" is my homage to the famous poet William Carlos Williams and his masterwork pictorial poem, "The Red Wheelbarrow".

Please stop by the Glenwood Springs Center for the Arts, take a look, and let me know what you think. I can take it and will listen. My ultimate goal is to do what is in my heart, and that is creating something that will enhance your life. Best wishes.
W.C.W. (William Carlos Williams)

No comments:

Post a Comment